Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fairy tale wedding ideas

As mentioned earlier, I've been collecting fairy tale-themed wedding ideas from around the interwebs and here are some of my favorites!

First up, from reader Sarah Anne Cox, who made this castle cake for her sister's wedding:
Thanks for sending, Sarah!

Enchanted carriage favor boxes
 
 

Castle cake

Once Upon a Time Invitations
or here
 
Carriage and Castle cake
 
Check out this Snow-White themed wedding! Kind of refreshing to see something other than a Cinderella inspiration


 

And for the honeymoon...The Castle Garden, a medieval castle-themed room in Big Bear Lake, CA



 
For those of you who might be curious, I won't be using any of the above. But fairy tales are sneaking their way into my wedding plans...
*I will be walking down the aisle to an organ arrangement of the finale from Stravinsky's Firebird (which wasn't intentionally to reference fairy tales, I just think it's one of the most exciting and joyful pieces of music I know)
*My mom is making a slideshow of pictures of us for the reception and the words are framed as a "once upon a time" story
*Also in the above video, one of the songs playing is "I'm a Believer" by the Monkees, which begins with the lyrics: "I thought love was only true in fairy tales/meant for someone else but not for me/Love was out to get me/That's the way it seemed/Disappointment haunted all my dreams". I always thought this song was spot on for me, for all my love of fairy tales I had grown a bit cynical about love and men in general before I met Tony...
*Our reception tables may be named after different Disneyland rides

2 comments:

  1. Wow, This is so very pretty. This is surely going to raise the childhood memory of a girl on the wedding day. Thanks for sharing.
    Dermology anti aging cream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these beautifully presented wedding ideas. My friend arranged a bachelor’s party for her brother at one of big wedding venues in LA last month. She did all the arrangements in a unique way. Best part was the bottles theme cake.

    ReplyDelete